Welcome



Thursday, July 28, 2011

Big River Mountain Bike Ride RI NEMBA



Another killer (almost literally) Thursday night mountain bike ride with RI NEMBA. Headed out with fast group, paid the price 2 minutes in. There were just 4 of us in the group. Some similar trails, but lots of new stuff. Seemed like we ended up on road a little more than we needed to. None the less there was plenty of suffering. This ride, I dropped the pressure to what I thought was 28 psi. I knew as soon as we left the parking lot and onto dirt I was too low. The back end was wobbly and I was bottoming out on some roots and rocks. Eventually I hit a rock on an off camber slop and it burped. It felt like the tire came completely of the rim, but that was not that case upon inspection. Despite Stans fluid all over the sidewall, it resealed. Got to love Stans! Just a little CO2 and it was back to suffering. A great ride, nothing I wouldnʻt do again! Off to Maine this weekend to ride with Central Maine NEMBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment