Welcome



Saturday, July 30, 2011

MTB Maine: Inland/Pine Ridge


Hats (or lids) off to Central Maine NEMBA! A sweet little network of fun, flowy trails with some technical and a decent little climb that put me into my triple for the first time since moving back to the East coast. I wish it worked out to meet a few of you folks, but I will be back for sure before too long. You guys should be proud of the work you have put into this place. The passion is clear, this is a well loved area. Even the potential is endless - I say that not knowing if there are any future plans of expansion. The network consists of a lot of single and double track. The trails are for the most part well marked, but I did end up on a few trails that faded into nothingness. I also struggled a bit to make the transition from the Inland trails to the Pine Ridge trails. There was a fair amount of riding on snowmobile trails, but Iʻm sure thatʻs just because Iʻm still stumbling my way around. I had hoped to end up on some trails that I once ran cross country on in High School (+25 years ago), but nothing look familiar.  My favorite part of the ride was the section leading to the Pine Ride area and the loop that found once I was there. There is a section of loop-dee-doos which were fun and keep me attentive. The surface was perfect as it rained through the night before giving it just a perfect amount of grip.  Overall, very psyched I rode these trails and I will be brining my bike up every time I come to visit. I highly recommend these trials if you are in the area, or even just passing through and you need to stretch your legs. CeMeNEMBA folks, I look forward to meeting you some day!

No comments:

Post a Comment