Welcome



Friday, August 19, 2011

Killer Thursday Evening Ride: Big River


Thank you Jason for accepting the challenge, definitely the best climbing Iʻve experienced in BR. Iʻm slightly shocked by the final numbers. I loved the "Allan Ave" area. All the new areas we explored were sweet. I wish I could have enjoyed that long flowy stretch with the killer burms a little more - had I only realized it was a stick in my cog and not my freewheel freezing up - the whole time I was thinking "itʻs a f-ing Chris King, how can it be failing on me?". Another thank you to Jason for pointing out the stick jammed between my spokes and cog that I never saw the 3-4 times I stopped to try to figure out the problem. Oh well, after that, all was good again.

This definitely is a loop I want to figure out, and even more so this is definitely a ride I want to be able to combine with last weekʻs ride. That would land us in the 20-25 mile range, and > 2K of climbing. I would consider that an epic. OK, Jason,  The Challenge is on!

My next big challenge is night riding. I thought I was totally prepared for it last night and had everything ready to go including a fully charged battery for my 10 lb Nite Rider except the damn handle bar mount. Oh well, at least I had a good excuse to end the suffering a little bit early last night. And the excuse to go out and buy a new light system. I never really got into night riding back in Seattle, for reasons I donʻt know. But with how quickly itʻs getting darker earlier now, I can see itʻs going to be a necessity. Iʻm really looking forward to it. I donʻt think Iʻll fear getting eaten by a cougar either (Iʻm pretty sure their arenʻt any cougars in RI). Iʻm pretty sure thatʻs the only reason "friends" were asking me to night ride with them back in Seattle - "you donʻt need to be faster than the cougar,  just not the slowest one in the group". Thatʻs usually me.

No comments:

Post a Comment