Welcome



Saturday, August 13, 2011

Tiverton/Little Compton



Definitely my favorite road ride so far into this East Coast adventure. I had heard before that this area was nice, but I guess I just didnʻt have that on my mind when setting out for the ride and therefore was unexpectedly impressed with the sweet scenery. Unlike Newport, Jamestown or other well known "desirable" coastal areas in RI, this area was filled with a completely different vibe. Beautiful old colonel farm houses with killer stone walls (hundreds of years old Iʻm sure) surrounding the property. Most of them seem like they could be in a photo shoot for some country living magazine.

We parked at the  Native American Pow Wow where the ladies went off watch, and I suited up and headed down Fish Road. Right on King and Left on Lake. A right on route 179 which is a busy road, but not too bad from a road condition and traffic stand point... blah, blah, blah. Picturesque roads led me to the point called Sakonnet Harbor. Yes, I would live here! Reminded me of Maine, like Southport Island. Or Washington, like Whidbey Island. I took in the sights for a few, ate some blocks, called The Wife and then was on my way. For the first time since riding in RI, my route took me into another state - MASS. I headed East and then south to one of the most spectacular beaches Iʻve ever seen (not including Kauai, of course). I have no idea what the beach is called or even what town itʻs in, but itʻs located right at the mouth of the Westport River. Itʻs not like it was undiscovered, there were tons of people there and all the signs around said "private beach". What is up with private beaches here in the NE? Stupid. Anyway this place was way cool so you need to go check it out. I followed River Road back up to 179 and onto Trierton Four Corners where the ladies were shopping around. Made a tasty sandwich in the back of the Aina-mobile and all was very good in the world. Dace mentioned going back to that area for open studios next weekend, I said, "hells ya".

No comments:

Post a Comment